My name is Georgia Kokkinou and I am an English<>Greek freelance translator. I am a Greek native speaker living in Greece and I have a successful academic and professional track record.
I studied Business Administration, with specialization in Accounting and Finance Management, at the Athens University of Economics and Business and I continued with postgraduate studies in Accounting and Finance at London School of Economics.
For 15 years, I was working in the banking sector, ten out of which I was working for the Corporate Banking Division of a Greek major bank. My responsibilities included establishing and managing relationships with major corporate clients, in Greece and abroad, and conducting financial and business analysis.
In 2012, I decided to make a career change and engage in something I always cared for, i.e. languages. So, I studied translation and subtitling in Glossologia and in January 2014 I successfully sat for the IoLET Diploma in Translation examination.
My prior professional experience has equipped me with skills I regard important for the translation industry as well. I am capable of conducting extensive research and verifying my sources, while evaluating the importance of respecting deadlines and offering high quality services. My work is systematic and professional.
- Diploma in Translation, Institute of Linguists (UK)
- Msc in Accounting and Finance – London School of Economics and Political Science
- Bsc in Business Administration – Athens University of Economics and Business
- Intensive Translation Course by Distance Learning (Language Combination: Greek-English-Greek) – Glossologia School of Professional Linguistic Studies
- Audiovisual Translation – Subtitling – Glossologia School of Professional Linguistic Studies (Language Combination: English-Greek)
- Translation of EU Texts
- Text editing, review and proofreading
- Law Terminology for Translators
- SDL Studio Workshop